Pelješac is the second largest peninsula in Croatia and endowed with a beautiful nature that is waiting to be discovered by you. From the city of Ston, famous for its 5 km long stone walls in the eastern part of Pelješac, to the city of Orebić in the western part of Pelješac, famous for the centuries long maritime tradition and not less famous for its perfect weather conditions for windsurfing and kitesurfing, the peninsula offers a variety of options for active and adventurous spirits.
You can hike up to the highest summit Sv. Ilija (961 m) and then do a downhill bike ride until you reach one of the many bays such as Trstenik and Žuljana next to which our bike tours pass.
You can stand up paddle in Orebić, Žuljana or Drače, kite and windsurf in Viganj or try and enjoy many other sports.
Nevertheless, the best way to discover the 65 kilometers long peninsula Pelješac is with Meridien Ten bike tours. Our tours will take you along this undiscovered peninsula where you will come across many things to admire;
– Famous wine region of Potomje and Dingač, were you can taste and buy some of the best wines in Croatia.
– The oldest salt planes in this part of the world, which are located in Ston, are certainly one of those things.
– Oysters from Mali Ston or Dingač wine are a treat not to be missed for any foodie.
– Those who like history and culture should not miss the Maritime Museum in Orebić, which displays exhibitions of diverse historical material, significant for the maritime industry of Orebić. A must see are also the stone walls in Ston, which were built by the Republic of Dubrovnik in the 14th century for the protection of the nearby salt works.
– Discover the real life at the Dalmatian coast as you cycle along the back roads of Pelješac. Hard working wine producers pick up the grapes in September, prepare and maintain the vineyards located on the steep southern slopes of the peninsula in spring and summer, farmers work in their fields, while fisherman go out to the sea on every good day. The 60 km long stretch, which you will cover by bike on Pelješac is a hotel free zone, so you will come across small traditional villages and many rural areas with many charming places such as Konoba Domanoeta, as visible in the pictures below.