Ante Saratlija – Gabba Gabba
Ante was born in 1964. After he graduated from the Faculty of Electrical Engineering in Split, he started working in Hotel Park as a technical service manager. The work itself took a lot of his time, was quite stressful and time-consuming, which eventually led to bad and unhealthy nutrition, lack of sleep, overwork and general exhaustion. The real change happened when Ante was forced to start exercising and realized how weak his lungs and physical condition was.
He began his recovery and getting into healthier lifestyle slowly. At first his cycling was just recreational, in order to regain strength and improve breathing condition, but then it all changed and rapidly as he became a proper MTB racer.
Today there are numerous competitions he took place in and awards he won, for example:
– Croatian champion in cyclo-cross (2015)
– Third place in Croatian Cross Country cup (2015) XCO
– Third place in Croatian Cross Country championship (2015) XCO
– Third place in road uphill Croatian championship (2014)
– Second place in Croatian Cross Country cup (2014) XCO
– Second place in Marathon Croatian Cross Country Cup (2010)
How do you feel about his change? Makes you think, right?
Besides racing, Ante is in charge of maintaining our bike fleet and servicing 120 bikes we have. He also plays in Ramones tribute band called GABBA GABBA – that’s how he’s got his nick name.
Rock and roll, up and down the mountain!